Yardım Question about c++ 20 and 11

• Konuyu açan Konuyu açan M29
  • Açılış Tarihi Açılış Tarihi
  • Yanıt Yanıt 4
  • Gösterim Gösterim 66
Konu sahibi bu konuda soru soruyor. Sorusu ile ilgili bilgisi olanların yanıtlamasını bekliyor.

M29

Üye
Üye
Mesaj
Beğeni
Puan
Ticaret Puanı
Hello everyone
First of all, I apologize for my English, it might be a bit bad
I want to ask a question.. I have a working version of Source Marty 5.4. I have developed it a lot and added things to it. If I try to start over in a new version, I won't remember what I added. I have a feeling that some systems need C++11 and some need C++20. My question is, how do I update my source to any of them? I need to develop the source only. Can someone help me with this and explain to me what I will gain from upgrading the current version to 11 or 20?

I want to know before updating it what I will benefit from this update. Will it be necessary to update or is it normal and will it not make a difference if I update or not?
Of course there is a difference, the current compiler version makes the result more optimized and the new features increase your options in the coding phase. However i must say that just updating the compiler will not be enough, some old functions will not work with the new versions so you will need to update them as well. I am not even talking about things like having to recompile extern libraries with the new compiler, so if you are not going to use a system that needs the new version and you do not know what to do i say do not bother with this, best regards.

Üst